Friday, July 29, 2016

Levels

I'm very very thankful I had the opportunity today to perform at the Impact 2016 Showcase!!! It was a very interesting experience for me; though I felt nauseous before and after my performance, I learned so much from this experience!!

One thing that caught my attention from a video recording I received post-performance was the difference between my perception and the audience's perception of the performance. My imagination of how I must've been portrayed to the audience was short of true, because I was not aware of the special effects the tech crew had thoughtfully put on during my performance (which I'm super, super thankful of!!)





The video effects actually helped me a great deal in building the drama and arch of the song. As you can see, there is a gradual increase in the level of drama; from the gradual close-up of the frame to the inclusion of the left and right camera images on one screen, forming a twice-duplicated moving-image and a triangular showcase of a single performer. The leveling of the video effects set the stage with much more context and helped attract much more attention, I believe.

During the performance, I had thought that I was baring the stage with no video effects at all; after watching the video however, my perception of my performance changed 180 degrees. Really, really huge thanks to the tech crew and for the entire IMPACT staff to create such a magical and impactful experience for me. Really---I cannot express how grateful I am of the entire experience I've had so far. The faculty and staff have been so wonderful and kind and eager to help me grow as an individual and artist; I constantly feel loved and cared for, as I know that the faculty and staff invests so much in me as an IMPACT participant. I really can't say enough of how great my experience is been!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment